February 27th, 2016 by Mr.Mouse
Due to limited time available for the front page news updates, you haven’t seen anything here for a while. No matter! The Game Research Forum is alive as ever, and kicking like never before! If you need to keep track of what is going on at the forum, which tools have been created, models and archives have been cracked and much more, simply follow us on Facebook! You won’t regret it! Like, and you will hear about the cool stuff!
June 3rd, 2015 by Mr.Mouse
Since we have now sufficient donations to keep up the website this period, the forum is now again open for everyone to join! A huge thanks for those members that went through the trouble of donating 5 euros to the cause to join our boards. The Summer is now a good time for all, and the bills can be paid! Head over to the forum to register, now is your chance if you didn’t already!
March 13th, 2015 by Mr.Mouse
I started a new series on YouTube where you see me do real-time file analysis as a means of a tutorial. Let’s MultiEx! Check this playlist for the videos! I hope you enjoy them, and perhaps even learn a few things as you watch.
December 17th, 2014 by Mr.Mouse
The 4 month period of free forum registration is over this evening. If you haven’t done already, register there now! After that, registration will be limited to donation of 5 euros.
September 11th, 2014 by Mr.Mouse
As part of the 25th Anniversary of XeNTaX you can now download MultiEx Commander for free without donation first. Go here!
August 23rd, 2014 by Mr.Mouse
So I had a problem with my USB 3.0 controller in Windows 8.1. I had hooked up a Kensington USB 3.0 Dockingstation and this worked correctly, until I started some GOG games (Clive Barker’s Undying) that ran on old 3DFX graphics. The screen started to flash (blank to black) intermittently when the game were started. So I tried to install “updated” drivers, using this post. But that failed somehow, and this showed because now my USB 3.0 controller was completely missing in Device Manager. I tried reinstalling from the Intel website, but that failed with “minimum requirements not met” errors, and compatibility changes also did nothing, while the Windows 8.1 Installation DVD also failed to be helpful. Finally, I used AIDA to check the chipset, and lo and behold it came up with Intel Panther Point PCH – USB 3.0 xHCI Controller. The intel website was not supportive, but I googled it and found drivers with that name. These to be precise. Those installed and immediately the Kensington stuff reinstalled itself automatically! Huurah!
August 10th, 2014 by Mr.Mouse
25 years it has been since XeNTaX started as a Commodore 64 scene graphics/demo group. A very short history of what followed you can find here. Of course, we want to celebrate, and the first thing to happen this summer: free forum access for an indefinite period of time! So if you were not registered yet, or were thinking about it, but did not want to donate that one time only 5 euros, now is the time to register! Register here now!
July 10th, 2014 by Mr.Mouse
Hi all, Just a new and stern warning to stop doing all kinds of illegal activity at the forum, which we sadly see happening too often now.
Read the rules at the forum. Also take heed of the following:
- No paying for hacking. The new stand is: do not ask to pay someone, nor ask to get paid.
- No modifications to games without authorization from the original copyright holders.
- Do not publicly share any illegal content.
- No public sharing of protected and copyrighted sources (like decryption keys and the like)
- Do not upload files that are the legal property of others.
- We are not a warez site. If you are a warez dude, then leave.
- If you doubt your conduct is legal, stop doing it.
- Do not screw others.
- No nudity. Not even of game characters.
Our site is at risk if this continues. We will not allow it.
So if you feel the above applies to you, think carefully.
June 17th, 2014 by Devilot
After a tremendous cold and a complete internet blackout due to moronic and idiotic ISP (I warned Mr Mouse), final week from yours truly
- Watch Dogs: help needed for XBG models.
- Dragon’s Nest: update coming soon.
- Darksiders: script. problem solved.
- Tales of Vesperia: help needed for animation files.
- Darksiders II: zaramot has released a Maxscript. Kudos
- KH: the ever excellent GovanifY has released updated information.
- Warlords of Draenor: progress updated.
- Shin Migami Tensei: hex2obj discovered as a necessity for this game.
- Forza Motorsport: help needed to understand game models.
- Heaven of the Three Kingdoms: maxscript released, great!
- Iron Man 3: request for releasing the script.
- Battlefield 4: help needed to make sense of the model format.
- Dead or Alive series: tool nearing completion.
- S4 Model League: help neeeded for unconsistent model results.
- Battlefield 4: help needed to understand dumper error.
- Pokèmon battle Revolution: another bone error.
Audio File Formats
- ADPCM: yours truly wants to decompress ADPCM to pcm.
- Ratchet & Clank: work update.
Game Archive Research
- Unity3d: Chipicao has posted an update with Hex values.
- Giana Sisters Twister Dreams: sample file posted.
- Watch Dogs: more archive data posted.
- Shadows Heretic Kingdoms: I actually wanted to buy this game. BMS script posted.
- SW TOR: progress and success achieved.
- Tales of Xilia: progress being made thanks to Japanese version.
- OpenIV: tool as a work in progress. video updated.
- GTA V: more texture support for the tool.
- Wolfensteain: .pages structure posted.
- Disneyland adventures: archives discovered to be a ZIP variant.
- Sleeping Dogs: hash calculator by Ekey discovered.
- Farming Simulator: extraction \ injection help wanted. Data provided.
- Just Dance 2014: hex data provided in order to understand fonts.
- League of Legends: help needed in order for the first music mods to be created.
Compressed files and methods
- Text Compression: after more than two years, it has been cracked.
- Star Citizen: encryption key discovered.
- Onigiri: help wanted for a yummy game.
- .PAK: QuickBMS script released in order to extract contents.
- Watch Dogs: encryption apparently similar to Assassin’s Creed.
- KH2 Final Mix: GovanifY saves the day, wherever there’s KH!
- A Story About my Uncle: solved by itself.
- Among the Sleep: progressing but bugged.
- No new version but a request from modding legend Truthkey!
- FF7 Crisis Core: work starting on this. Noesis does already a pretty good job for this game tho.
June 9th, 2014 by Devilot
- Dragon’s Nest: help needed, as per title.
- KH1: tool being halted
- Warlords WOW: sample uploaded.
- S4 League: model exporting continues.
- Shin Migami Tensei: info released for this.
- Point Blank: more data shared on meshes.
- Metroid Prime: ANCS files need explanation. Long overdue I’d say
- Pokemon Battle Revolution: more data is required to process on this.
- Darksiders: progress continues on this.
- XMX 3D: more info is required. The format is complicated.
Audio File Formats
- PSi-Ops: done and solved.
- Spyro the Dragon: problem solved, apparently.
- Eternal Darkness: FINALLY! Some interest for an awesome game! I was looking at those files too.
Oddly Enough, deserted this time. I wonder why.
Game Archive Research
- Captain America: DATA files need to be explained more.
- Coalesced CRC: more workings on this.
- Star Ocean the Last Hope: tool being updated and more information added.
- League of Legends FSB: a tool is required, and possibly present.
- Unity Assets Explorer: small guide released.
- Collapse: offer to make a script, apparently
Compressed files and methods
- Dynasty Warriors 8: compression doubt by the author.
- LiveMaker Engine: never heard of this tool, but apparently it’s important.
- Star Citizen: module released, and it needs to be decrypted.
- Wolfenstein: progress going on, for this reboot.
- A Story About my Uncle: japanese tool is needed to work on the UPK files.
- Spongebob: problem opened and solved.
- Tropico 2: text help needed.
- Ys7: some help needed to decipher this data.
- Toy Story 3: somewhat late for this game, but still good. The movie was amazing
- Nothing new under the sun…
- Gameloft Unscrambler released. Get it here.
- HPK Archiver released, but files not found.
- Beyond Two Souls: update coming soon.
- Natural Selection mesh tool released!